Our mission at the Murfreesboro Housing Authority is to provide decent, safe and sanitary housing in good repair for eligible families in a manner that promotes serviceability, economy, efficiency and stability of the developments; and to utilize all available resources to maximize the social and economic opportunities of our residents.
- Number of Conventional Affordable Housing Units: 194
- Number Housing Choice Vouchers: 735
- Number of Units in Westbrooks Towers Elderly High-rise: 230 one bedroom units
- Number of Shelter Plus Care Vouchers for Homeless/Disabled: 44
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (VASH): 96
- Free preschool/daycare
- Gas heating is included for all Affordable housing units
- Water included for select units
- Miscellaneous services too numerous to mention
The Murfreesboro Housing Authority is a nonprofit corporation that began in 1950 to provide housing for low-income families. The authority is governed by a five-member Board of Directors appointed by the Mayor of Murfreesboro. An Executive Director, presently L. Thomas Rowe, is appointed by the Board and serves as Secretary/Treasurer of the Board.
Monday - Thursday 7:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. except holidays
Friday 7:00 A.M. - 11:00 A.M. except holidays
415 N. Maple Street
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
The Murfreesboro Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability.